Agathon Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") of Architekton Internet Services, LLC, d.b.a. Agathon Group ("Agathon") is intended to help enhance the use of the Internet by preventing unacceptable use. All users of Agathon's Internet services ("Services")—those who access some of our Services but do not have accounts ("Visitors") as well as those who pay a monthly service fee to subscribe to the Services ("Members")—must comply with this AUP.
We support the free flow of information and ideas over the Internet and do not actively monitor use of the Services under normal circumstances. Similarly, we do not exercise editorial control over the content of any website, electronic mail transmission, or other material created or accessible over or through our Services, except for certain proprietary websites. However, in accordance with our Terms of Service, we may remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this AUP. Agathon may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong.
Your violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or termination of either your access to the Services and/or your account with Agathon or other actions as detailed in Section 3. This AUP should be read in conjunction with our Terms of Service and other policies.
2. Violations of Agathon's Acceptable Use Policy
The following constitute violations of this AUP:
- Illegal use. Using our Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that, intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable local, state, national, or international law, or any rules or regulations promulgated thereunder.
- Harm to minors. Using our Services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way
- Pornography. Using our Services to transmit any materials (by email, uploading, posting or otherwise) that may in our discretion reasonably constitute pornography.
- Threats. Using our Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment. Using our Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Fraudulent activity. Using our Services to making fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes," "ponzi schemes," and "chain letters."
- Forgery or impersonation. Adding, removing, or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation. Using deliberately misleading headers ("munging" headers) in order to avoid spam email address collectors is allowed.
- Unsolicited commercial email/ Unsolicited bulk email. Using our Services to transmit any unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email. Activities that have the effect of facilitating unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email whether or not that email is commercial in nature, are prohibited.
- Unauthorized access. Using our Services to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Agathon's or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data.
- Copyright or trademark infringement. Using our Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Collection of personal data. Using our Services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity. Using our Services for any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use Agathon's Services or the Internet. This includes "denial of service"(DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, network services, or network equipment is prohibited. It is the Member's responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Member may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Member may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner.
3. Reporting Violations of Agathon's AUP
Agathon requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP direct the information to the Abuse Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If available, please provide the following information:
- The IP address used to commit the alleged violation
- The date and time of the alleged violation, including the time zone or offset from GMT
- Evidence of the alleged violation
Email with full header information provides all of the above, as do syslog files. Other situations will require different methods of providing the above information.
Agathon may take any one or more of the following actions in response to complaints:
- issue written or verbal warnings
- suspend the Member's account
- terminate the Member's account
- bill the Member for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges
- bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, including reasonable attorney's fees, if any, caused by violations.
4. Revisions to this Acceptable Use Policy
Agathon reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this AUP, our Terms of Service, and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted in accordance with the Terms of Service.
- November 4, 2008 - Added prohibition against pornographic content.
- June 19, 2008 - Removed prohibition against reselling services.